Friday, February 11, 2011

The Art of Self Discovery!

Today as I was sitting home alone watching "It's Complicated" starring Meryl Streep, Steve Martin, and Alec Baldwin-good cast by the way-I had some sort of epiphany hit me in the face. Meryl Streeps character was going nuts after having initiated an affair with her ex-husband, Alec Baldwin. Gasp! She then instantly threw her hands in the air and shouted I need to see my therapist. It got me thinking...if you need to see your therapist after having done something in hopes of justifying those actions then save yourself the money and justify it yourself. Today in English class we had talked about how todays schools don't even come close to reflecting the societal business world. We live in the information age where everything is do it yourself! So why not try to work out your problems yourself. Yes you can use outside sources, yes we all have needs that we ourselves can't fulfill alone, but unless it's something truly traumatic who needs/wants to lay down 150 dollars (Average cost for a hour therapy session...google searched it ;)) for an hour of bull$#!^. Grrrrr.....Society. Ok I'm done venting.

The last few days have been fun, just working a lot, eating a lot, and working out a lot. I've been shirking doing my homework because that's just who I am. Knees are doing great! My left ankle I sprained, not so much. My hernia surgery is holding up really well, no more problems at all, and my body is just sore from rugby 3 times a week. I've been writing this blog to avoid homework, but now I'm hungry enough to go get some food so I have a new excuse! Love you all!

2 comments:

BLY and LOU said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BLY and LOU said...

Boy! Stop watching crap movies and just do your homework!!! :) love ya